Broken Bank Notes Message Board

Forum for Obsolete Currency Discussions
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Trade Certificates
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:09 am 
Site Admin

The bill imaged below calls itself a Trade Interchange Certificate. The back of the note reads as follows:

Community Service Bureau, Inc. A Washington Corporation at Tacoma, Washington Hereby Certifies that this Trade Interchange Certificate Is issued within marginal limits and secured by assigned properties, deposits, or collateral debentures as Municpal Utility or Savings and Loan, owned by said Corporation and will be redeemed by the undersigned in lawful money of the United States of America in the sum of ONE DOLLAR upon the liquidation of the property securing this certificate, on call and verification by the undersigned.
IN AUTHENTICATION HEREOF, said corporation has affixed its signature and releasing stamp.

I picked this one up because I was looking for anything obsolete from the area I now inhabit.

- Greg

Attachments:
Seattle1s.jpg
Seattle1s.jpg [ 213.57 KiB | Viewed 4568 times ]
 Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:29 am 

Depression scrip, like this piece, was issued by several different types of entities and "worked' or circulated somewhat differently in different communities.

An excellent site explaining this type of currency can be found at http://www.depressionscrip.com[/code]

Profile Send private message